NeuroPlus Epilepsy & Parkinson's Clinic – Dr. Kharkar
Address:Dr Balabhai Nanavati hospital, Swami Vivekananda Rd, near LIC, LIC Colony, Vile Parle, Maharashtra, 400056, India
Best Neurologist in Mumbai at Nanavati hospital
Dr. Siddharth Deepak Kharkar
MBBS, MD (Neurology, USA), MHS
Recognized as one of the
Best Neurologists in Mumbai
By India Today magazine (2020, 2021, 2023) & Outlook India Magazine (2020, 2023).
Best Epilepsy specialist in Mumbai, India Parkinson’s Disease Specialist in Mumbai
Dr. Siddharth Kharkar is one of the best Neurologists in Mumbai. He is one of the Epilepsy Specialists in Mumbai and one of the best Parkinson’s specialists in Mumbai. NeuroPlus provides compassionate expert clinical treatment for all neurological disorders, especially for Epilepsy (seizures) & Parkinson’s disease. The following conditions are treated by Dr. Siddharth Kharkar:
- Treatment of Epilepsy / Seizures
- Treatment of Parkinson’s Disease / Tremor
- Treatment of Headache / Migraine
- Treatment of Memory loss / Dementia
- Treatment of Paralysis / Stroke
- Treatment of Dizziness / Vertigo
- Slowness or Unsteadiness during walking
- Pain or weakness in any part of the body.
Because of his background, Dr. Kharkar is able to provide tertiary-level therapy for Epilepsy (seizure) and Parkinson’s patients in Mumbai.
- For a selected group of patients, Epilepsy surgery in Mumbai can be offered. This can be life-changing and can enable many patients to have a normal productive life.
- Dr. Kharkar is very particular about the treatment of Non-motor symptoms of Parkinson’s disease such as depression, agitation, constipation and balance.
- Neuroplus clinic provides one of the best treatments for Epilepsy in Mumbai. Epilepsy surgery in Mumbai is provided by NeuroPlus Epilepsy & Parkinson’s Clinic. EEG, and Video EEG monitoring can be arranged.
- Excellent treatment for Parkinson’s disease in Mumbai is provided. Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) surgery in Mumbai is also provided.
Frequently asked questions:
- MBBS – King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India
- MHS – Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA
- Research Coordinator, Department of Neurosurgery, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA
- Residency in Internal Medicine – Washington Hospital Center, Washington DC, USA
- Residency in Neurology – Drexel University, Philadelphia, USA
- Fellowship in Epilepsy – University of California at San Francisco (UCSF), USA
- Clinical attachment in Movement disorders, Kings College, London, UK
- Assistant Professor of Epilepsy, University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), Birmingham, USA
- Consultant Neurologist, Wockhardt Group of Hospitals, Mumbai, India
- Consultant Neurologist, Nanavati Hospital, Mumbai India
- International coordinator for the Non-Motor Parkinson's disease study Group (International Parkinson's and Movement Disorder Society).
- 2020 - "Top Neurologists in Mumbai" - Outlook India Magazine
- 2020 - "Best Neurologists in Mumbai" - India Today Magazine
- 2021 - "Best Neurologists in Mumbai" - India Today Magazine
- 2011 – Best Resident Research project award - Drexel University, USA
- 2010 – Selected for the national “Neurology Residents Scholar Program” for epilepsy training, Drexel University, USA
- 2008 – Humanitarian Resident of the Year award, Drexel University, USA
- Indian Academy of Neurology
- Maharashtra Association of Neurology
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Epilepsy Society
- International Parkinson's & Movement Disorders Society
- Journal of Parkinson's disease
- Epilepsy Research
- Annals of Neurology
- Journal of Neurosurgery
- Kharkar, S., Ellenbogen, J. R., Samuel, M., Rizos, A., Silverdale, M., Chaudhuri, K. R., & Ashkan, K. Changes in Parkinson’s disease sleep symptoms and daytime somnolence after bilateral subthalamic deep brain stimulation in Parkinson’s disease. NPJ Parkinson’s Disease, 2018, 4, 16
- Kharkar S, Knowlton RD: Magnetoencephalography in the presurgical evaluation of epilepsy. Epilepsy and Behavior. 2014 Dec 30. pii: S1525-5050(14)00648-9
- Kharkar S, Rochestie D, Pillai J, Haneef Z: Anti-epileptic Drug Prescription Patterns and Socio-economic status– Seizure. 2014 Apr;23(4):290-4
|Caution: This information is not a substitute for professional care. Do not change your medications/treatment without your doctor's permission.|
Dr. Siddharth Kharkar
Dr. Siddharth Kharkar has been recognized as one of the best neurologists in Mumbai by Outlook India magazine and India today Magazine. He is a board certified (American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology certified) Neurologist.
Dr. Siddharth Kharkar is a Epilepsy specialist in Mumbai & Parkinson's specialist in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
He has trained in the best institutions in India, US and UK including KEM hospital in Mumbai, Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, University of California at San Francisco (UCSF), USA & Kings College in London.